Enhanced Uptime and Reliability for Mission Critical Apps and Servers
The CloudfloorDNS Failover service is a critical component to bringing uptime to your server(s), API’s and more. Using the Netmon Global Monitoring Service, it monitors your servers as often as you wish, and when a failure is detected the DNS records are modified to instantly update to a backup server, or to remove an IP from a load balancing pool upon failure.
You set custom notifications and alert profiles for you and your IT team, and a web-based management option makes adding, starting and stopping tests a breeze from anywhere. Multiple test types (15 in all) and 7 different monitoring points around the globe ensure we’ve got you covered.
DNS Failover acts as a low cost insurance or disaster prevention service for your internet presence. Even if you don’t have a backup server, you can still failover to another URL or even a backup landing page that is hosted on the CloudfloorDNS servers.
- Test at custom intervals from 10 seconds, 1 min, 3 min and up
- Test HTTP/S Servers, FTP, SSH, SMTP, IMAP, TCP, UDP & more
- DNS Failover – When Server is down, Update DNS to Backup
- DNS Load Balancing – If a server fails, remove from LB pool
- Custom Notifications – Tiered Notification, Client Notification
Supported Netmon Tests/Protocols:
Any Custom Port, HTTP & HTTPS POP SMTP IMAP SSH FTP TELNET DNS TCP & UDP Connect Ping Custom Probe
Pingdom DNS Experience Latency Testing
Other Test Options:
Check content on site for specific text , Check server for specific response codes, Check web page for CRC
Allow HTTP Keep Alives, Accept Any HTTP Response as good
Follow HTTP Redirects , Ignore Invalid SSL Certs
With CloudfloorDNS failover you can react to almost any server failure or performance issue and use DNS to rectify the situation.
The following DNS Failover options are available:
- Failover your DNS to a backup IP when a server stops responding or hands back error codes
- Failover your DNS to a backup IP based on Latency on a primary server, secondary server etc.
- Failover to a custom URL for a backup if a second server isn’t available
- Failover to a custom landing page we host and you create
- Failover and remove an IP from a load balancing or round robin pool
- CNAME Failover provides you with a custom CNAME – you keep DNS with your current provider
Monitor your servers from multiple locations across the globe. Choose to test from all seven or just three. There is no extra fees for selecting to monitor from all locations.
Our current monitoring locations include: Guernsey, UK – Frankfurt DE – Chicago, IL – Dallas, TX – Los Angeles, CA – Amsterdam, NL – London, UK